I am enjoying having this blog. I write under 5 categories.
- Grief and Moving Forwards – My husband died when I was in my early 30’s and a mother of three young children. This changed my life forever, but with time I re-partnered. I hope by writing my story of how I came to be standing in a room of 50 caskets and coffins (who knew there was even a difference, right! 💁🏻♀️) and having to choose one to bury my husband in, planning a funeral grieving, discussing dating again and blended family life, other people who have felt loss of a love one can relate to the emotions, reactions and at times despair and know they are not alone and that there is life after death, even a new found happiness.
- Disability, Maternity Care and Parenting –I have over 30 years experience as a health professional and have specialised in maternity care for women living with disabilities for over 16 years, and am passionate about ensuring women receive optimal care, best practice from professionals and advocacy in preparing for parenting. I have cared for hundreds of pregnant women with various disabilities who have gone on to parent their children indendantly and successfully despite often negative societal beliefs. It’s important to acknowledge there may barriers and difficulties, however with the right support it’s amazing what can be achieved for many women.
- Travel – I write about my new adventures, travels and how there are some amazing things happening in my life and bring you on the journey with me.
- Everday Stuff -Sometimes I just write about the stuff of life.
- What’s inspiring Lucy is fashion blog I’m really excited about, featuring my style choices. Particularly if you are 40+ this fashion blog’s for you. I also feature guests aged 21 and over, showcasing diversity in styles. Be sure to tap in for latest updates each Thursday on my tips and what’s inspiring my fashion picks for the week. ( will start again in January)
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. A big thank you to my friend Jenn who encouraged me to do this, to my friend Mirella who always has my back and my partner Ted who has helped to bring happiness and fun back into my life.
If you would like to follow me sign up with your email and get notifications of my latest posts. WordPress will send an email for you to confirm it’s you and then you are set.